Tuesday, May 06, 2014

Lichtenstein's Sandgrouse

Lichtenstein's Sandgrouse Pterocles lichtensteinii
On the road to Weliso, Ethiopia
26 January 2014

    We had just two encounters with this enigmatic species, which, despite its colourful apperance is able to conceal itself very well. I have seen several species of sandgrouse but I think that this one surely ranks as the most interesting.I consider myself fortunate to have seen it.



David M. Gascoigne,
David M. Gascoigne,

I'm a life long birder. My interests are birds, nature, reading, books, outdoors, travel, food and wine.

2 comments:

  1. Oh, I love this bird David! It looks like something from a Dr. Seuss book!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never seen this grouse but what is he nice color. You're a lucky man that you've got these beautiful birds for your lens :-)

    ReplyDelete

Land Acknowledgement

We acknowledge that the land on which we are situated are the lands traditionally used by the Haudenosaunee, Anishinaabe, and Neutral People. We also acknowledge the enduring presence and deep traditional knowledge, laws, and philosophies of the Indigenous Peoples with whom we share this land today. We are all treaty people with a responsibility to honour all our relations.

Followers